CABE Meeting Page and Agendas
In order to view the agenda on the CABE page, please click on either regular meeting or special meeting which appears beside the appropriate meeting date you wish to view. CABE-Meeting is a user-friendly online service sponsored by the Connecticut Association of Board of Education (CABE) that is specifically designed to assist the Preston Board of Education and the Superintendent to prepare for and manage board of education meetings. In addition, CABE-Meeting allows the board to post meeting information that is accessible to the public and also creates a searchable archive of meeting information. All agendas for Preston Board of Education can be viewed in CABE-Meeting beginning with the January 2008 meeting.
CABE-powered Board of Education Policies Portal
Below is the online policy manual for the Preston Public Schools Board of Education.
- 020717 BoE Finance Sub-Committee Draft Min
- 012417 BoE Finance Sub-Committee Draft Min
- Finance Sub Committee Minutes 1-5-17 Draft
- Finance Sub Committee Minutes 12-8-16
- 112816 BoE Special Meeting
- Regular BOE MeetingMinutes11-14-2016
- Regular BOE MeetingMinutes10032016
- 101916 Superintendent Search Comm Draft Min
- 100516 Superintendent Search Comm Final Min
- Superintendent Search Meeting Minutes of 9-22-16
- Regular BOEMeetingMinutes09122016
- Superintendent Search Sub Committee Meeting Minutes of 9-7-16
- Superintendent Search Sub Committee Meeting Minutes 8-31-16
- Special Board of Education Meeting Minutes of 8-25-16
- Transportation Sub Committee Minutes of 8-17-16
- Special BOE Meeting Minutes of 8-16-16
- Regular BOE Meeting Minutes of 8-8-16
- Community Relations Sub Committee Minutes of 8-8-16
- Superintendent Search Meeting Minutes of 7-11-16
- Superintendent Search Meeting Minutes of 7-6-16
- Special BOE Meeting Minutes of 6-23-16
- Special BOE Meeting Minutes of 5-31-16
- Regular BOE Meeting Minutes of 5-9-16
Board of Education
In order to perform its duties in an open and public manner and in accordance with state law, the Preston Board of Education usually holds regular business meetings in accordance with the posted calendar. Parents, students, and other community members are encouraged to attend.
Meetings of the Board of Education follow a planned posted agenda. At certain time in the agenda the Board Chairperson will recognize individuals who want to make a statement, not more than 5 minutes in length, or to express a viewpoint. In addition, if they give advance notice to the Superintendent, individuals with relevant issues for discussion may have such issues placed on a future Board agenda for a more thorough discussion of the topic.
The Board's main purpose is policy setting designed to improve student learning. Board members are interested in the public's opinion on district issues, which can assist them in formulating policy that reflects community values and expectations.
The legal authority of the Board will be transmitted through the Superintendent as shown on the organizational chart below. The district organization chart will be prepared by the Superintendent and approved by the Board. The lines on the chart will represent direction of authority and responsibility.
Board Member Contact Information
View the file below to find out how to contact Board members.
Board of Education Subcommittees
The file below describes currently active subcommittees and their members.
Attached, please find the current year's Board meeting calendar.